R-Crypto is an easy-to-use disk encryption software that protects your confidential information and personal data on a desktop, notebook, or a removable data storage device against unauthorized access.[ Features ]
Simple and easy-to-use interface:
• R-Crypto Management Panel providing access for the user to all actions of the system;
• Wizard guiding the users through the creation of encrypted disks;
• List of the most frequently connected encrypted disks (can be disabled);
• Configurable list of auto-connected encrypted disks;
• Change the size of the encrypted disk easily;
• Access to encrypted disk control actions outside the R-Crypto Management Panel directly from the Windows shell (for example, connect/disconnect);
• Special icon for connected encrypted disks in the Windows shell (can be disabled);
• Access to most R-Crypto actions from the Windows system tray.
Reliable data protection and encryption:
• Users can use various cryptographic service providers, both pre-installed in the Windows operating system and available from the third parties;
• Disk free space encryption (can be disabled);
• Wizard guiding the users through the disks re-encryption;
• Ability to connect an encrypted disk in the read-only mode;
• Configurable hot keys to disconnect either all connected encrypted disks, or each disk separately;
• Automatic disconnection of all connected encrypted disk upon user's logoff;
• Ability to automatically disconnect the encrypted disks upon screensaver startup, entering the hibernation mode, or computer lockup;
• Ability to automatically disconnect the encrypted disks upon encrypted disk file-container storage media is removed from the system. New feature in R-Crypto 1.4!
• Ability to automatically disconnect the encrypted disks upon exceeding an encrypted disk inactivity period. Inactivity period is a period of time when the connected encrypted disk is not being used, that is it is a period of time when no data is being read from the disk or being written to the disk. New feature in R-Crypto 1.4!
• Ability to enforce the disconnection of locked encrypted disks upon automatic disconnection;
• File-containers of the connected encrypted disks are protected against re-writing and deletion;
• Wipe encrypted disks for secure deletion.
Using over network:
• Ability to create and connect encrypted disks' file-containers located on any accessible network location;
• Connecting an encrypted disk emulating a "local disk" to provide access for remote users (required for Windows XP and later versions);
• Automatic saving and restoring of the encrypted disk network sharing options. New feature in R-Crypto 1.4!
• Ability to connect the encrypted disk to an empty NTFS folder (e.g. C:\path-to-empty-NTFS-folder\);[ Edition Statement ]
• Support for system disk utilities (check disk, defragmentation, etc.);
• Command-line utility to manage encrypted disks' connections.
R-Crypto software is distributed absolutely free. You may install the software and use it for 30 days without registration. Then you may get free registration key
for home computer or buy the corporate license to use the software within corporation or organization. [ Related Link ]R-Crypto Manual
(PDF)R-Crypto Online HelpR-Crypto F.A.Q.[ Official Download ]